Monday, January 4, 2010

The First Day Back In The Studio


After a weeks vacation in Vermont, I was able to get back into the studio and actually start the work part of my sabbatical. I spent the early part of morning cleaning up and organizing, getting Celia's wheel in order (yeah, Santa!) before starting in earnest on making some cups.

The messy space before:

Organized, with Celia's station next to mine:


This week, I plan on getting back to writing about Warren MacKenzie and Garth Clark - while away, I spent time working on an article that at some point I will think about publishing. I'll post the sloppy copies here in the meantime.

One last item for today: while in Vermont, I happened upon Nicholas Seidner's work at a gallery in Woodstock: Collective. The work was beautiful and he and his wife just built a wood-fired kiln about the same time we built GreenFire! Check out their work: http://www.risingmeadowpottery.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment