Monday, January 25, 2010

Old Guys Getting Old...

Is it just me or do most guys getting older tend to identify with the aging athletes on their favorite teams? Here we are at Celia's first Celtics game (mom had season tickets back in the glory days and Liam and I have gone once a year for the last couple of years). While the kids were all about Rajon Rondo, I was empathizing with Kevin Garnett, who is a decade younger than me! And I wasn't really identifying with him as much as I was identifying with his knees...

I just wanted Kevin to get through the game without getting hurt after missing the last (10?) games with an injury to those pivotal joints. Winning was secondary to me.
Touching the shamrock for good luck works - Celtics end a three game losing streak and Kevin survives to play another night!
Celia thoroughly enjoyed herself - less for the game than she made it up onto the Jumbotron twice for her crazy dancing! Here we are trying to catch a glimpse...

Speaking of old guys, is anyone else exhausted about trying to figure out whether Brett Favre could make it back for another season? The league is better with him in it, but the beating he took yesterday and the prospect of another whole season of games with no guarantee of making it to the Super Bowl would make me cry into my soup - to contemplate coming back for that at age 41 would make me hesitate until October too...

As to ceramics, I put together a Facebook page for John Dorsey Ceramics - I have no idea what I'm doing. I just know that a former student of mine has 1895 friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment